What information do we collect?
When you visit and engage with palpable-media.com, we receive information from you in different ways.
- Both the information protocol address and domain name from your computer are automatically collected when you access the website.
- We might utilize data collection tools which collect information such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at the website.
- We utilize “cookies”, which may be installed on your internet browser to facilitate storage and recalling certain information (please see the section on cookies below).
- In interacting with the website, such as in sending an email, you may provide us with personal information. The types of personal information you provide to us may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address; and other information such as transaction and credit card information.
Palpable Media also may obtain information on individuals from third-party sources that are reputable and commercially available.
How do we use the information?
Palpable Media may use your information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Sending communications and alerts, and conducting surveys;
- Responding to inquiries;
- Registering to attend events or receive communications;
Credit card information is not used for any purpose other than payment processing and fraud prevention and will be kept only long enough to provide these services. Credit card information is processed by third parties that have represented to Palpable Media they are compliant with the European General Data Protection Regulation.
How do we use “cookies”?
We may install a "cookie" on the internet browser of your computer. A cookie cannot read data off of your computer hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. We use a cookie, which is a small piece of data, to identify which areas of our website you have visited, to facilitate your future visits to the website by allowing pages you have visited to be easily accessed. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. Please keep in mind that if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to utilize all the features of our website.
Will we link to third-party websites?
Will we disclose your information to third parties?
Palpable Media will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. We do share your name, mailing address and email address with third parties that are assisting Palpable Media in its fundraising and communications efforts, and solely for the purpose of providing those fundraising and communications services to Palpable Media. No other personal information will be shared with any third party. However, we will share your personal information to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, or (ii) respond to authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Palpable Media utilizes appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Palpable Media uses encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information.
How will Palpable Media address situations in which children under 13 provide information?
Palpable Media does not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under age 13 without obtaining explicit parental consent. If you become aware that your child (who is under 13) has provided Palpable Media with information without your consent, please contact us at the email or mailing address below. If you request, we will delete your child’s Personal Information from the website as soon as is reasonably feasible.
How do I unsubscribe or have your data deleted from Palpable Media’s website?
If you do not want to receive communications from Palpable Media, you may:
Select the email "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in our email communications;
- Write to Palpable Media, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, email and postal address, and if relevant, specify any particular Palpable Media communications that you no longer wish to receive.
You also may contact Palpable Media through the email address above or mailing address to find out what of your personal information is contained on Palpable Media’s website, and to have your personal information deleted from Palpable Media’s website, which will be done as soon as is reasonably feasible.
How can you reach us?